Sunday, April 18, 2010

Entitlement

Dear Blog,

Earlier tonight you (telepathically) sent me a message that said this:

Hey. How's it going? So, I know we haven't talked in a while, and I know that you've been using livejournal a lot, but I was wondering why you never come by anymore.

Excuse after excuse raced through my head. How can you say that! I don't have time for this right now. I work 6 days a week. I'm so busy, and I'm always tired in the evenings. It's always me that has to plan everything. I just need a little bit of me time.

Something struck a chord within me, though.

That's when I decided to visit you and see what all the fuss was about. That's when I saw it. March 11, 2010. Today is April 18, 2010. 5 weeks and I haven't written, I haven't called, I haven't even clicked the bookmark tabbed just below my URL. I've neglected you.

I apologize. I'm writing this to you as rain is sporadically drizzling down outside. The rain reflects my emotions and how sorry I am to have done this to you.

Please, can you ever forgive me?

Love always,

Mike

P.S. I promise I'll do better! Just give me another chance.

1 comment: