Friday, October 15, 2010

Mission/78

I submitted this poem as one in a set to the San Diego County Poetry Annual 2010-11. Who knows what'll happen.

Mission/78

I fell in love with the girl in the rear view mirror
as I drove home from school today.
She wore unassuming white sunglasses
and followed behind me most of the way.

I glanced back again and again
her brown hair crinkled about her head.
She could have sped and passed around me
but remained behind me instead.

Eventually we parted ways
I went east and she went south.
As she passed she turned and gazed
with an upturned nose and smirking mouth.

3 comments:

  1. this is beautiful mike. :]
    fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your poem and hope to read more from you in the future. Congratulations on becoming a Published Poet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thank you, anonymous! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete